Hello Cocos neighborhood,
Wondering how many individuals utilizing Cocos Creator vs Cocos2nd-x. Would love to listen to who makes use of what and why.
I take advantage of cocos2dx just because I like to code from scratch with out having to take care of editors.
Also my space of curiosity is c++ and there’s no plan so far as I do know to permit coding in c++ in cocos creator.
I learn some threads of how you are able to do your scenes in cocos creator with the instruments it present after which export to c++ however it’s not an interesting workflow for me. I might have thought of utilizing cocos creator if c++ was obtainable “natively”, however I don’t suppose it’s going to occur.
I’m utilizing cocos2d-x additionally primarily as a result of its C++ assist which I’m most and skilled in.
Also I can modify & modify the engine whereas Cocos Creator is closed supply (unsure if it nonetheless is?)
I’ve been utilizing Cocos2dx from final 10 years, and lately switched to Creator.
Because of no replace to 2dx and my predominant goal platform is cell so replace is required for contemporary assist.
Switching to TS from C++ was no huge deal.
All my very own current native-wrapper is working in Creator so no fear for that.
Also editor provides a lot ease to complicated UI stuffs and lot of different performance as effectively.
You can modify C++ code in Creator although however its not that simple.
I’m in the identical boat, for many 2D video games that indies will make, code might be higher than WYSIWYG if you know the way to code.
Definitely that, the neighborhood can assist Cocos2nd-x lengthy after anybody else.
What are the professionals and cons in your eyes of utilizing the creator?
From my viewpoint
- If you’re coming from Cocos2dx then primary engine structure is similar, so that you dont must be taught from scratch
- UI turns into very simple
- Asset Bundle is plus level
- Widget & SafeArea part makes simple to deal with multi-resolution with notch
- Simulator provides many inbuilt choices
- HTML5 output
- Add pure JS lib for native as effectively
- You could make small 3D video games as effectively
- Still you’ll be able to modify C++ engine simply
- You can modify TS engine as effectively
- Still you’ll be able to simply add Android/iOS code and talk immediately from TS
- If you’ve gotten previous Android/iOS native code then you’ll be able to reuse the identical
- You can create a number of build-task for ease.
- Prefab is sweet if you know the way to make use of it to minimal efforts.
- Inbuilt Animation part
- And way more
- You can modify C++ engine however if you wish to add pure C++ lib then its robust (however doable)
- You could make extension however its very exhausting
- Cannot use customized macros similar as C++
- Size of APK improve examine to 2dx if that issues
- You wont really feel that you’ve full management of the engine
Is there a manner to make use of the cocos-engine/native solely as C++ library? Or did anybody tried?
I work with cocos2d-x and wish to incorporate my sport in an current ios challenge.
I handle to export the cocos engine,and my sport with it, for variations 3.17 and 4.0 as library, and use it with out issues. I need to do now the identical for android, and in addition verify if I can export as library the cocos/creator code, and use it like I used to be doing with cocos2d-x.
That will permit me to maintain working my manner, and use the updates for cocos creator.
It’s good to know that somebody nonetheless attempting to make use of the native engine code.
I believe this Cocos2nd-x fork is promising for who nonetheless taking a look at native C++ engine, this challenge was referred to as engine-x earlier than.
Related thread on this discussion board:
Still utilizing x 3.17 with JSB
Same with the remainder, no within the creator as I coded my very own editor already.
Also gone too deep modifying a few lessons, Creator isn’t open supply.
Programming background, in order that be a part of the rationale as effectively.
Considering to transform the entire JS code base to c++, however that may be a big job.
Check wizard fu songbringer sport. All in cocos2dx. It is wonderful.
Cocos creator nonetheless open supply, however editor of it’s not open supply
The core engine of the Cocos Creator Editor is open supply. You can modify the engine and nonetheless use the identical editor.
Just had a have a look at it.
It appears actually promissing certainly. might that be the longer term for cocos2dx? I even noticed within the spotlight that it helps home windows video participant which is someting I requested some time again and the reply was no for cocos2dx 4.0. It additionally appears it has a good quantity of individuals contributing, and the final launch was days in the past, so it appears to be fairly energetic.
Is that the preferred cocos2dx fork?
I take advantage of cocos2d-x just because I like to put in writing code in c++.
I might think about using cocos creator if c++ was obtainable there.