So, Gentlemen, let’s have a look at the outcomes.
Please observe that I might write a whole guide on this expertise and I can solely present a small tip of what went behind.
What went unhealthy
Man, there are nonetheless so many issues that went flawed however I’m simply making an attempt to spotlight the massive ones
– BAD TIMING: We had our peek of the Email advertising marketing campaign through the February Steam fest that means content material creators have been already having tons of content material to select from
– BAD LUCK: More than 30% of our Wishlist have been from folks in Russia and we misplaced all of them as a result of on the level of launch they may not get cash on their Steam wallets to purchase the sport however the ones who nonetheless had funds in wallets they may, nonetheless very exhausting strike for us
– BAD UPDATE: after launch, my associate programmer Sadoff made updates every day primarily based on suggestions and bug studies we had and through one replace he made a mistake so the sport didn’t begin anymore, it was most stress on our aspect since unfavorable critiques began coming swiftly, we hardly handle to rebalance the state of affairs with quick replace repair and PR however it was some of the worrying moments we had, we nearly went to unfavorable ranking at that time.
– BAD RESOLUTION: Many streamers didn’t contact our recreation as a result of we didn’t have zoom-in for big-screen decision, the agony of getting a customized recreation engine and every part is so small on 4k resulted within the lack of many streamer alternatives.
What went good
– COMMUNITY: we applied a Discord button within the recreation’s most important menu and added achievements with rewards together with one that offers additional new recreation ammunition if gamers be a part of our discord, I have no idea precisely if this was the rationale why they joined however many joined our Discord group and the exercise was tripled. Having a stable group can be a crucial aspect for our future releases. Long-term advantages. (remind me to indicate you guys my DIscord LVL up the interior template for group administration)
– SOCIAL MEDIA: The social media marketing campaign began in 1st March and was lively with each day posts till March 28
A. Facebook: right here I posted once more solely in particular audience teams and I bought a number of assist, by this time many admins have been already aware of me, and a few of them pinned my posts. I additionally made an occasion for my buddies and call with the discharge date countdown and fixed posting in key locations(to a lot to clarify) outcomes have been good I additionally managed to get few of my posts viral once more.
B. Twitter & Gamejolt: they each have a someway related system so I used very related content material in my MK marketing campaign.
1. GAMEJOLT & ITCH.io:
On Gamejolt we had some posts featured in some communities + we bought featured on Gamejolt sizzling new video games and had good outcomes however we additionally had fixed engagements. most translated into wishlist additions on Steam. We additionally launched a free Short model of the sport just a few days earlier than the principle Steam launch, this was a pleasant transfer, it didn’t generate many downloads & outcomes however nonetheless, a spark of magic was added.
Here are just a few examples of posts from Gamejolt that bought Featured:
2. TWITTER. Long story quick: we didn’t get many Wishlists from Twitter however we bought a number of networking with content material creators and media and even Branding, this was additionally an excellent long-term funding. Feel free to scroll on our Twitter wall and see what forms of posts we made and what engagements we had: https://twitter.com/16bitnights
– TEAM SYNCHRONIZATION: as a few of I solely work in groups 1+1, and TBH I feel it’s the finest quantity. So our sync was going good, my associate Sadoff was making updates every day after the discharge and he was accountable for bug studies subjects, whereas I used to be accountable for PR on e mail(I additionally ought to make a unique matter only for this alone), discord group, and extra Steam group. Also having an already fan base of testers helpt so much in figuring out new bugs quick that was brought on by extra updates.
– RELEASE DAY: We wished Splattercat to make a launch video however we thought that he already made an unique Beta video on our recreation so we didn’t wish to be insistent since he appears to love to all the time have recent content material.
But we bought Mr. Falcon to make a video assessment on our recreation and he synchronized completely on the precise launch day:
– ORGANIC MARKETING: this was most likely the most effective consequence ever for me. We invested so much in having excessive re-playability with 30% RNG content material, a number of paths, a number of methods to play, and a number of endings and this paid off huge time, simply go on youtube and seek for “Chromosome Evil”, an enormous quantity of gamers that introduced the sport made movies to not point out I noticed it streamed on some Discord rooms.
– CONTACTS/NETWORKING: Having been doing video games for 10 years bought me some good connections and most of them have been very supportive. Here is an instance from the Mud & Blood group, as a bonus we each share the same viewers of top-down tactical video games viewers. I’ve full respect for them, and I hope sooner or later I can return the favor.
– EXCLUSIVITY: the exclusivity advertising method opened some additional doorways for us
And a lot extra issues that I’m simply too drained to speak about and doubtless finest to maintain just a few issues in thriller
OK let’s transfer on to the ultimate chapter of outcomes.
Steam Release Results
1. Before the discharge, we bought featured in “Popular upcoming releases”. At this level we had I feel round 8k-9k Wishlists and rising ultra-fast
2. After the discharge we bought featured in New & Trending / Popular new releases
24 March (few hours earlier than the discharge )
Steam wishlist – 9800
Steam followers – 1455
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 57
Discord – 434
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 48
25 March (1 day after launch )
Steam wishlist – 12.700
Steam followers – 1986
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 65
Discord – 468
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 73
models bought on steam – 1093 (half have been from Wishlist)
31 March (last launch low cost day/1 week after launch )
Steam wishlist – 20.700
Steam followers – 2728
Gamejolt followers – 276 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 96
Discord – 534
Twitter – 1462
Itch.io demo downloads – 124
models bought on steam – round 2550
Our priorities now are:
– Consolidation of our fan base on Discord
– Consolidation of critiques & steam ranking
– Consolidation of our private contacts
All of those duties are aimed on the long-term.
And right here is one thing I wish to share with you, possibly it looks as if a cliche however for me it is deep:
This is EXACTLY HOW I FELT!
The gladiator: my associate programmer, he doesn’t speak a lot however will get the s**t carried out.
The outdated man: me
The colosseum: Steam
The Crowd: the Players
Releasing a recreation looks like a gladiator getting into the Arena. BEAUTIFUL S**T! I’ll admit I had some tears in my eyes on the discharge day.