Matt Jones’s Jonesin’ Crossword, “Free Throw” – Erin’s write-up
Hello lovelies! Matt has graced us with a themeless this week, so let’s undergo among the extra notable entries. For starters, a lot of TV references:
- 10d. [Phil, to Will, on TV] UNCLE. This refers to 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or the latest remake, Bel-Air.
- 37a. [Panel show featuring David Mitchell and Lee Mack] WOULD I LIE TO YOU? It’s a British sport present the place movie star contestants need to guess whether or not embarrassing tales instructed by their opponents are true or not.
- 52a. [Cosmo cohort] ELAINE. Cosmo Kramer and Elaine Benes from one other 90s sitcom, Seinfeld.
- More of a movie brief than TV, however second. [1996 Tom and Jerry Short involving a goldfish] FILET MEOW.
Other fascinating issues:
- 6d. [Extinct marine arthropods] SEA SCORPIONS. Some of those puppies grew to over eight ft lengthy!
- 20a. [Salamander added to Minecraft in 2021] AXOLOTL. If you’d prefer to know learn how to pronounce this within the unique Nahuatl, right here’s a becoming Reddit Minecraft put up.
- 21d. [Coping mechanisms?] SAWS. TIL that the noticed with a skinny deal with, skinny blade, and rectangular metallic body is known as a coping noticed.
- 9d. [Cookies that have a gluten-free variety] OREOS. Regular Oreos are additionally dairy-free and egg-free, in case your baby is in a category with an allergic baby and also you’re struggling to seek out snacks to ship with them to highschool.
Until subsequent week!
This entry was posted in Daily Puzzles and tagged Matt Jones. Bookmark the permalink.